Website design, setup and hosting
ARPHA Writing Tool (AWT)
Submission and peer review system
Managing editor's services
Copy editing and linguistic editing
Production, layout and proofreading
Domain-specific semantic markup
Note: The features described below are functional for journals / books / abstracts publishing of Biology-related content. Similar services can be also developed in other science domains by agreement.
Publication in HTML, XML and PDF
Publication of article updates
Conference outputs module
Indexing and Archiving
* Indexing is provided for journals that are accepted for coverage in the relevant database.
Dissemination of content
Communication, promotion and marketing services
ARPHA provides a wide range of communication, promotion and marketing services grouped in the following plans:
Note 1: Press releases, blog posts and other guest contributions are disseminated via the global science news platform Eurekalert, ARPHA-managed blogs and social media accounts, as well as sent to the ARPHA’s Journal Promotion Team’s media list. Science business news is also distributed to the major scholarly publishing news service Knowledgespeak. Other relevant wire services may also be considered.
Note 2: The ARPHA Promotion Team reserves the right to refuse publication of a guest contribution (video or guest blog post) on the occasion that it is provided in poor English, uses considerable amount of jargon or does not abide by basic ethical standards.
Note 3: Press releases or other contributions are only published upon a final confirmation from the author of the text.
Article and sub-article usage metrics
Printing and distribution
Journal performance reports
This overview refers to the provision of basic journal performance reports to the Editor-in-Chief, managing editors and/or any email address as requested by the journal management. Depending on the pricing plan chosen by the journal, the reports include a range of automatically-generated data, statistics and human-provided analyses. The reports are sent on a quarterly, biannual or annual basis, depending on the specificity of the data.
- All statistics on journal performance
- Altmetric data on mentioned research outputs and public mentions per month
- Dimensions data on citations counts per year
- Trends in citation metrics, including the major citation indices WoS, SJR and Scopus CiteScore.
- Public mentions overview to date;
- Public mentions source breakdown to date;
- Public attention over a set time period (can be set to track specific sources);
- Top five research publications to date.
- Data on social media followers and demographics;
- Ranking and percentiles per category (for journals covered by CiteScore and WoS);
- Review of newly-implemented features;
- Review of new indexers and databases;
- Analyses of all the data provided and recommendations for the journal’s development.
Note 1: The Basic plan statistics are available from the journals’ websites hosted on ARPHA. In addition, the Standard and Premium plans’ statistics are also delivered by automated emails to any email address requested by the journal editorial board.
Note 2: Some of the automated reports in the Standard and Premium plans can be configured for provision on a quarterly, biannual or annual basis, according to the journal’s individual needs or the specificity of the data.
Accounting and payments
Advanced design services
Journal development services
This overview enlists the ARPHA services provided to the Editorial board and other journal management with the aim to streamline the progress of the journal, in terms of both its prolificity and reputation. For in-detail description of the promotional, communication, marketing and reporting services, please refer to their dedicated sections.